You are here: / Programmes
/ Youth and Parenting Programme
Youth and Parenting Programme
This 15-week programme is for young people aged 8 to 18 years and their parents/caregivers. This programme has individual counsellors for both the youth and the parent/caregiver with the option of additional support.
The programme supports young people and their parents/caregiver to make life changes. The sessions focus on supporting you to:
- Identify and work towards some positive goals
- build on a family life that is safe and respectful
- improve communication skills and relationships
- grow self-esteem and self-confidence
- deal with any issues of bullying and abuse
- develop skills to manage feelings and anger.
- Identify triggers to anger and stress
- use tools such as safety plans and conflict resolution strategies
Parents/caregivers also learn more about the needs of young people at different life stages and how to put in place practical, positive parenting skills.
Our Youth and Parenting Programme involves:
- An initial planning and goal-setting session with the young person and their parent/caregiver, a representative from the referring agency (eg, school) if applicable, and any other support people
- 10 one-on-one sessions for the young person to work through the programme modules
- 10 one-on-one support and education sessions for the parent/caregiver to work through the programme modules
- 3 review meetings to check progress and whether other support is needed
- a final review meeting
The programme sessions focus on supporting you to Identify and work towards some positive goals, build on a family life that is safe and respectful, improve communication skills and relationships, grow self-esteem and self-confidence,deal with any issues of bullying and abuse, develop skills to manage feelings and anger.
Talk to us today to find out how we can help you to make positive life choices.