You are here: / Programmes
/ Women's Programme
Women Living Free from Violence Programme
This 16-week programme supports women to build a safe and healthy family life for themselves and any children – whether living together or apart. It is an open programme that you can join at any stage after an initial meeting with a facilitator.
It is delivered in both Feilding and Palmerston North.
It is for any woman who wants to know:
- more about themselves
- how to handle their emotions
- how to value and respect themselves and others
Women Living Free from Violence supports women who have witnessed violence, are in a violent relationship or use violence and abuse themselves and want to build a life free from violence.
This personal, practical and interactive programme supports you to make life changes by learning:
- the impact of violence and abuse on everyone
- the triggers to anger and stress
- how to manage anger and resolve conflict
- how to choose and grow healthy relationships
- how to hold boundaries and keep yourself safe
- how to communicate respectfully and assertively
- parenting and behaviour management strategies
- how to make the best choices
- the importance of ensuring the safety of children and how to achieve this
- practical ways of making life changes through improved self esteem, knowledge and awareness
The programme involves:
- a one-on-one planning and goal-setting session with you and anyone else you would like to have at this meeting eg. your partner, family or support person
- attending weekly group sessions to work through the programme's 16 modules
- three review meetings to check your progress and whether you need other support
- in-home Family Support Service socail worker visits, as needed.
Talk to us today to find out how we can help you to make positive life choices.